Disney has now announced its new theme park reservation system, the Disney Park Pass System.
The Disney Park Pass System is a requirement for all guests who want to visit the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks. Guests will need a My Disney Experience account with valid tickets linked to it in order to make reservations.
Existing Ticket Holders
- June 22 – The Disney Park Pass System opens to guests with a Disney Resort hotel reservation and valid theme park admission (including Annual Pass holders). Both must be linked in their My Disney Experience account.
- June 26 – Disney Park Pass System opens to Annual Passholders without a resort hotel reservation.
- June 28 – Disney Park Pass System opens to other existing ticket holders.
New Ticket Sales and Packages
- By June 28 – New Disney World Resort packages and theme park tickets are on sale for 2021 arrivals.
- Late Summer – Based on availability, ticket sales, and hotel bookings for 2020 may be available.
No Park Hopping
At this time, guests will only be able to visit one park per day, meaning that park-hopping will be temporarily unavailable.
Disney has stated that they “hope to bring back the ability to visit more than one park per day soon and will continue to offer these add-ons for 2021 ticket purchases.”
Upon reopening, Disney parks, Walt Disney World Resort hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences, and any other offerings may be modified and are subject to limited availability or may be closed to promote physical distancing.
Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will begin a phased reopening on July 11, 2020. Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are soon to follow with a reopening date of July 15, 2020. Reservations will go fast. Don’t delay.